- A Perfect Getaway is a 2009 thriller film : A Perfect Getaway starts as young couple Cliff Chris Hemsworth and Cydney Milla Jovovich , are celebrating their honeymoon by hiking to a remote beach in Hawaii that they saw from a helicopter trip they take. They meet up with another couple they run into on the trail and head for paradise. They get news of a grizzly murder on another island and wonder if they should turn back. The other couple is Nick a former Special Forces operative, and Gina his girlfriend. ...
- G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra 2009 action movie ... Nanotechnology yes little tiny robots that can eat anything in their path, good guys , bad guys , lots of cool vehicles and massive lairs for them to perfect their training. This sounds like a 70’s James bond film but that’s what this movie offers us, a world of absolutes and money was no object gadgets. I’ve seen shows of the discovery channel were all this stuff is just a year s off in the future. Here the way the story starts there is this nanotechnology-based weapon capable of destroying an entire city. ...
- Orphan: movie review 2009 . Orphan is a horror film about a family that adopts a 9 year old girl into their family after Kate (Vera Farmiga) and John Coleman (Peter Sarsgaard) try to have a third child and fail. Esther (Isabelle Fuhrman) is the new addition to the family seems so nice, she has polished manners and like to paint. But, you guessed it there is a dark and sinister secret. After some so-called accidents and weird things start to happen. She gets kind of creepy and you all know how we love scary kids in movies, its been a theme that Hollywood has use for decades. ...
- Funny people: movie review Funny People is a comedy/drama about a stand-up comedian George Simmons (Adam Sandler) who is successful yet self-involved and has no real friends. He is diagnosed with a form of leukemia in the beginning of the film and takes to make life changes. He befriends Ira Wright (Seth Rogen) (real last name Weiner punch line of more than a few jokes in the movie) is an aspiring stand-up comedian who works at a deli to make money while he struggles to make it in stand up comedy. So together they go a series of performances and Ira gets to see George’s world of success and becomes his personal assistant. ...
- In the Loop : 2009 In the loop is a very funny British political satire, roughly based on the lead up to current situation in Iraq. The story of a low level minister who has a way of saying the wrong thing, leads him into the loins den, as he is quoted as saying accidentally that a proposed war in the Middle East is "unforeseeable" is that "unforeseeable" or was "in-foreseeable". This is a very funny film it’s like an R rated version of the west wing, but using the English approach to comedy. ...
- Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen The war between Autobots and Decepticons continues with Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox retuning to help the automotive robots save the world from Evil. Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf) heads off to college to continue a normal life, l he soon is caught up were the other movie left off , in an over the top battle of giant robots that can masquerade as regular automobiles .OK, well as you probably have guessed I am really late on this review because, I don’t like to write negative reviews and this movie was below pair and too long, about 20 minutes too long. In the first film 2007’s Transformers there was a innocence to the film, a sense that even older viewers were ok watching a film with a child like plot and this film with its bigger, longer and louder storyline lost in my opinion that whole vibe. Megan Fox looked like an angel and is almost upstaged by her new nemesis Isabel Lucas who plays yes you guessed it a Decepticon that can change shape and just happens to be a drop dead gorgeous blond. ...
- The Proposal: movie review year:2009 The Proposal starts as Andrew Paxton (Ryan Reynolds) is entering his office were he works as an editor’s assistant for Margaret Tate (Sandra Bullock) is the executive editor-in-chief of a book publishing company. She is his boss and when she is asked to leaves the country because of visa problems she Demands that Andrew marry her so she came stay in the country. With a deal to make him a full editor, publish his book and a warning from the INS, they head off to Alaska when Andrew is from to tell his family. The first thing I’d like to say is this movie is well cast, every actor in this film just seemed to me to right for the part. ...
- movie review The Taking of Pelham 123 The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 Is a New thriller starring Denzel Washington and John Travolta directed by Tony Scott shot in the subways of New York City. The story starts as a man who calls himself "Ryder," (John Travolta) leads a band of thugs as they highjack a subway train and MTA dispatcher Walter Garber (Denzel Washington) who is Reluctantly forced to be the Lead negotiator. This Film is a remake of a 1974 movie of the same name and reworked to meet a new audience. With modern dialog and cell phones, laptop computers and of course the fact that 911 effects the city still, this film was a really fast pace based roughly on the old plot. There are some wild scenes in this movie of New York City as the Mayor, (James Gandolfini) agrees to pay a $10 million ransom and they try to get the money across the city to the subway station. If nothing else is worth the price of admission to see James Gandolfini, Tony Soprano as mayor of New York it’s so cool. Denzel Washington and John Travolta work wel together and their voices are what id cool to have to big name actors in a dialog driven story about two characters that interact over a radio on the subway car. This film was made for a younger audience and I think that those are ones that do go to the movies regularly. ...
- Land of the Lost movie review Land of the Lost is a 2009 comedy starring Will Ferrell based on a 1974 TV show about three adventurers that get caught in a time warp and end up in a strange new world, hence the name Land of the Lost. I really liked this movie for about the first half an hour and then it just lost me (no pun intended). I was a fan as a kid of this Saturday morning TV show and this movie does play on that with some almost adult humor, kind of like an ADULT SWIM show but a movie. Will Ferrell is just flat, with this movie riding on his back, the seemingly written as we got story just stops making sense. He is playing a cross between his character in his other films ELF and Blades of glory and it was working for me for a good part of this movie. In my review of last month’s release of Night at the Museum :Battle of the Smithsonian, I commented that Hank Azaria’s character Kahmunrah ” had some great lines that would have been very funny if he wasn’t delivering them” well Will Ferrell could have been fantastic in that role and it’s not a stretch to see Hank Azaria as Dr. Rick Marshall it would have worked… Anna Friel does a great of playing Holly Cantrell, she delivers some very awkward lines and is groped by a half man half monkey called Cha-Ka played by Jorma Taccone its one of the few places I laughed out loud. READ REVIEW ...
|Orphan: movie review 2009|
Orphan is a horror film about a family that adopts a creepy 9 year old girl into their family Read my review here
| The Hangover is the comedy hit of the summer read our movie review|
|Transformers Revenge of the Fallen . Transformers is back in an all new movie with Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox Check out our review|
| New comedy starring Sandra Bollock and Ryan Reynolds The Proposal. Read our new review |
| Public Enemies 2009: The story of John Dillinger starring Johnny Depp and Christian Bale read our review |
| The Hurt Locker Is one of the year's best films, about a Bomb disposal unit in Iraq. check out our very positive review!|
| MOON is a 2009 Science fiction movie Directed by Duncan Jones and starring Sam Rockwell Read our review|
|Up disney pixar One of the best animated films ever!! Read our very positive review!|
|Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian. This story is about characters from American Museum of Natural History that come to life night powered by an ancient Egyptian tablet... Read our review|
|Ghosts of Girlfriends Past is a romantic comedy starring Matthew McConaughey ,Michael Douglas Jennifer Garner and is roughly based on the classic story a Christmas Carol by Tomas Dickens read the review|
| State of Play movie review|
|Monsters vs. Aliens review 2009|
Brick threw glass is a Movie review website hosted by film critic Matt Willey. Brick threw glass is a metaphor I made up for film, the BRICK is the anamorphic shot blocking, and GLASS is the camera lens , the word THREW is a play on words, should have been thru but, I used the words THREW. This website reviews and critics films in a different way,using humor it also tries to interject some of my technical knowledge of how films are created and made into the process.
This is how this movie review website works; we have a 4 star movie review rating system for films and DVDs and BLU-ray disks with 4 out of 4 stars the best and one stars being really bad. We have added the 3.5 and 2.5 into our movie review ratings to make this website a little deeper and Adding to the the readers enjoyment ... More about our 4 STAR MOVIE REVIEW SYSTEM
|Bruno vs. Borat : movie reviews|
|Written by Film critic : Matt Willey : Movie Reviews Dvd and Blu-ray Reviews|
Bruno 2009 vs. Borat 2006 : movie reviewsI can’t write about this year’s new release of Sasha Cohn’s Bruno with mentioning one of my Favorite comedies Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan. Both films are based on Characters from the Ali G. show which Sasha Cohn had on The Television Channel HBO. I really like Borat I laughed out loud more than a few times this film coined some Phrases that entered into the public conscience Like….”not”. The new film Bruno is so not even in the same league, it’s over the top humor is very rough and I can’t even describe it without setting off red flags from the very search engines that get people to my website. It’s just tasteless, vulgar and left me wanting to take a shower, I felt dirty. I am overcome by the irony of the fact that one of my favorite films and one of the worst were made by the same guy! While the British comedian Sacha Baron Cohen in the title role of a fictitious Kazakh journalist travelling through the USA, recording real-life interactions with Americans is very funny .Bruno just is so stretched and just constant use of offensive and over the top stunts, It would have worked as a half an hour comedy special on HBO , but as a feature film it falls flat.
Bruno : 2009
Directed by Larry Charles
Produced by Sacha Baron Cohen, Jay Roach, Dan Mazer, Jonah Hill
Written by Screenplay: Sacha Baron Cohen, Anthony Hines, Dan Mazer, Jeff Schaffer,
Story: Sacha Baron Cohen, Peter Baynham, Anthony Hines, Dan Mazer
Starring Sacha Baron Cohen, Gustaf Hammarsten,
With cameos by: Chibundu Orukwowu, Chigozie Orukwowu, Josh Meyers, Michelle McLaren, Clifford Banagale
Music by Erran Baron Cohen
Cinematography : Anthony Hardwick, Wolfgang Held
Editing by Scott Davids, James Thomas Studio
Media Rights Capital Distributed by Universal Pictures
Borat : 2006
Directed by Larry Charles
Produced by Sacha Baron Cohen, Jay Roach
Written by Sacha Baron Cohen, Peter Baynham, Anthony Hines, Dan Mazer, Todd Phillips
Starring Sacha Baron Cohen, Ken Davitian, Luenell, Pamela Anderson
Music by Erran Baron Cohen
Cinematography Luke Geissbuhler, Anthony Hardwick
Editing by Craig Alpert, Peter Teschner, James Thomas
Distributed by 20th Century Fox